Statement of Faith
- We believe that each word in the Bible is inspired by God and that it is the final authority in all matters of faith, doctrine, and practice. We believe that the Bible reveals God, the fall of man, the way of salvation, and God's plan and purpose through the ages. All faculty, students, and chapel speakers will use the King James Version of the English Bible.
- We believe that there is only one true living God, existing in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity, virgin birth, and bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- We believe that salvation is "by grace", plus nothing and minus nothing. The conditions to salvation are repentance and faith.
- We believe that men are justified by faith alone and are accounted righteous before God only through the merit of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the personal, visible, and premillenial return of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the everlasting conscious blessedness of the saved and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit convicts of sin, converts the repentant, seals God's children and endues them with soul-winning power.
- We believe the so-called charismatic experience is both a doctrinal and practical error and therefore, neither to be sought nor practiced.
- We believe in the independence of the local church as an autonomous company of baptized believers. It is the divinely created agency through which God allows believers to keep the ordinances, enjoy fellowship, and evangelize the lost.
- We believe because of the current trends in theology, that as a fundamental college, we must take a separatist stand regarding teachings that lead to the discrediting of the Bible and the undermining of the fundamentals of the faith. These errant doctrines include Neo-Orthodoxy, Neo-Evangelicalism, Ecumenicalism, Hyper-Calvinism, and the Charismatic Movement.
- We believe that the so-called contemporary music movement is unscriptural. Therefore, traditional hymns and conservative gospel music will be used exclusively in the church services, chapel programs, and the music departments of the church and college.
Note: This "Statement of Faith" is a brief outline of what we believe and teach. A more detailed statement is available upon request from the college office.